OVERVIEW OF FINANCIAL REGULATIONS IN NIGERIA
- The objective, therefore, is to effectively reposition the service for higher levels of efficiency, effectiveness and enhance service delivery.
- The main thrust of the 2008 edition of the Public Service Rules is to ensure that the fundamental ethical issues in the Public Service are strictly adhered to.
OVERVIEW OF PUBLIC SERVICE RULES
- Is rules and regulations which govern the acquisition, recording, utilization and accounting for and control of public funds and resources of government to achieve stated objectives.
- Is the standard against which all financial activities are measured and judged.
- The provisions determine acceptable or unacceptable financial transactions and or practices.
- Is the restoration of rules and regulations and the need to adhere strictly to them in the conduct of government business particularly in the control and management of public funds and resources of government.
- Is an accounting and financial control document which provides a body of guidelines regulating the recording of financial transactions in government MDA.